Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Story O' Day: The Valentine of all Valentines

I have always loved our dates, but props must be given to our first official one as a couple in 2008.  In the least cliché way possible, it was Valentine’s Day.  Andrew picked me up around 7, got us drinks (from the McDonald’s drive-thru, of course) on the way out, because as he explained, “we were going on a little drive to get where we were going.”  Once we got to the Cleveland County line, he explained he was taking me to his lake house, to avoid the over-crowded and loud restaurants where he just feels bad for the people who have to work there.  Upon arriving at his family’s house nestled in the woods on Lake Montonia, he pulled a big chair in front of the fireplace and put a blanket over me and handed me a glass of wine.  The night could've stopped right there, and I would've been content.  Instead, he went to work in the kitchen.  After he had set up everything and put music on, he got me to come in and "have some fun" by making chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs.  Fun we had, which continued as we moved the sofa to face the fire and ate there.  Then we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and talked for a while afterwards.  On our way home, in the least redneck way possible, I sat in the middle of the truck next to him.  Once to my house, he gave me a CD of songs we'd been listening to the whole night – our soundtrack to our date.  He’s since given me a soundtrack to our whole first year of dating and more, but that’s another story…



No comments:

Post a Comment