Sunday, January 31, 2010

We're Getting Hitched!!

It's true. The Mr. Andrew Ruth proposed to the Miss Claire Brenneman on the Eve of Christmas, 2009. What a fine day it was!?
Dec. 24 was, in fact, a day of dates... Andrew took me to lunch at the fine establishment of Wiener Works where we had footlong hotdogs, and then we drove down highway 74 and took pictures of old houses and barns that I love. Then we went on a hike up Kings Mountain. We took a break about 1/4 way up the mountain to catch our breath, and when I looked at the tree beside us, I saw that there was a picture of us thumb-tacked to it. More pictures were tacked to the trees the rest of the way up the mountain. Once we got to the top, he made a picnic for us (he'd promised me on the very night we met that he'd take me on a hike and picnic on Kings Mountain, so it was a sweet fulfillment of that), we had prayer and Bible time, then he set the timer on the camera and dropped to one knee!!!!!! I cried.. and finally said 'yes'! We found our way down the dark mountain, Hansel and Gretel style by shining flashlights on the pictures that we'd left on the trees, so we'd know where the trail was. Then we headed straight to my parents' house, where Dad had prepared a steak dinner. Then we went to Andrew's family's lake house where the whole family had moved Christmas to surprise and congratulate us!

No comments:

Post a Comment